Applications for the 2020-2021 school year will open January 27, 2020 at our 6:00 parent meeting in the CISD Board Room. Applications are for incoming Kindergarten students only.
Application form found HERE! (will open January 27th)
What is Two-Way Dual Language?
Why should I enroll my child?
- Dual Language is both an additive bilingual program for Spanish-speaking students and a foreign language immersion program for English-speaking students. In Two-Way classrooms, a combination of native Spanish speakers and native English speakers are taught together in an effort to develop full bilingualism and bi-literacy for both groups of students.
- Implementation began in August 2018 at Irving Elementary. We currently have Two-Way Dual Language in Kindergarten and 1st grade. This program will grow each year as students promote to the next grade. This pathway will provide opportunities for Spanish high school credit/Advanced Placement college credit in middle and high school.
- Research has shown students who are bilingual perform at high academic levels.
- Global/cultural awareness & biliteracy are research-based 21st-century skills.
How do I enroll? Who can enroll?
Questions? Contact Christy Burton, Director of World LanguagesFind out more about Two-Way Dual Language by watching the video.
- Applications for the 2020-2021 school year will open on January 27, 2020.
- Applications for incoming Kindergarten students will open at our Two-Way Parent Meeting on January 27, 2020, in the Cleburne ISD Board Room. The application will be posted on this website after the parent meeting.
- There is an application process and lottery system. Applications are due no later than March 13, 2020. If necessary, a lottery will be held on March 30, 2020. Please see the Frequently Asked Questions document below.