The 2020-2021 Two-Way Dual Language application window CLOSED on March 6, 2020. The lottery has been rescheduled for April 6 at 12:00p.m. The building will not be open to the public, however, you can watch a live stream of the event at https://www.c-isd.com/live
The results of the lottery will be mailed to the parents following the livestream event.
If you would like to be added to the waitlist, please fill out the application below. Your child will be added in the order received.
Application form found HERE!
(Applications are for incoming Kindergarten students only.)
Were you unable to attend the initial parent meeting? Watch a recording of the meeting on our CISD Curriculum Facebook Page HERE!
What is Two-Way Dual Language?
Why should I enroll my child?
- Dual Language is both an additive bilingual program for Spanish-speaking students and a foreign language immersion program for English-speaking students. In Two-Way classrooms, a combination of native Spanish speakers and native English speakers are taught together in an effort to develop full bilingualism and bi-literacy for both groups of students.
- Implementation began in August 2018 at Irving Elementary. We currently have Two-Way Dual Language in Kindergarten and 1st grade. This program will grow each year as students promote to the next grade. This pathway will provide opportunities for Spanish high school credit/Advanced Placement college credit in middle and high school.
- Research has shown students who are bilingual perform at high academic levels.
- Global/cultural awareness & biliteracy are research-based 21st-century skills.
How do I enroll? Who can enroll?
Questions? Contact Christy Burton, Director of World LanguagesFind out more about Two-Way Dual Language by watching this video.
- Applications for the 2020-2021 school year will open on January 27, 2020.
- Applications for incoming Kindergarten students will open at our Two-Way Parent Meeting on January 27, 2020, in the Cleburne ISD Board Room. The application will be posted on this website after the parent meeting.
- There is an application process and lottery system. UPDATE: Due to spring break, applications are due no later than March 6, 2020. If necessary, a lottery will be held on March 23, 2020 at noon in the CISD board room. Parents are welcome to attend or watch the lottery livestreamed on our website.
- For further questions, please see the Frequently Asked Questions document below.